10/29/07

The Shattered Halls

Good morning everybody!

I compiled a video of which I consider one of the most fun instances: The Shattered Halls. This video does not only include the boss fights but also some of the trash pulls which are really fun to tank.

In the fight with Grand Warlock Nethekurse I started training something that I will need to be able to do for a few fights: Moving chars during the fight. If you don't know the fight, Nethekurse spawns void zones at the feet of your chars that you need to get out of as they do damage.

It may sound rather easy: Just move out of the void zone and in fact it is when you play just one char but playing five at the same time makes this task a little harder. Apart from building threat on the tank, healing and dpsing one needs to keep an eye on all monitors for the void zones and when they spawn one has to find the right keys to move the char. Fun and challenging!

The Nethekurse encounter is rather forgiving; there are other void zone encounters that kill your toon much faster so it is a good training. I managed to save all my chars from the void zones but one but I hope to get better at this when I run the instance a few more times.

Warbringer O'mrogg is incredibly boring. All you have to do is be VERY careful with aggro. I shortened that fight in the video.

Warchief Kargath Bladefist on the other hand is a nice encounter. On WoW Wiki I have found a strategy where to position your toons so they will not get hit by the blade dance. It works pretty good. Maintaining high dps on Kargath and fearing the adds does the job.

The video can be found here:
o.m.a. vs. The Shattered Halls

Have a nice week,
Bucco

No comments: