10/23/07

Mechanar heroic

Just like everybody says Mechanar is the easiest of all heroic instances. I have been farming the first part for the last couple of days to have a steady income of 2 heroic badges per day (having 24 on each toon right now).

The trash pulls are just the same as in non heroic mode - except they hit a lot harder. The only trash pulls I occasionally have problems with are the ones with those bomb throwing demons (can't remember their name right now). My tactics with those usually is: shield the tank, pull the mobs and, using line of sight, move those bomb guys into range for my casters and then burn them down as quickly as possible. Works with a little practice but sometimes something goes wrong because while doing this I also have to start tanking one of the demons, banishing another one and a little later start healing the tank - this can get crowded.

The first key keeper is as you know just plain tank and spank. Basically it is an equipment check for the tanks healthpoints and the healers healing power. Just remember to chain heal when he lifts his hammer.

After clearing the trash to the first boss Mechano-Lord Capacitus is a real joke. You have to position everyone right and can burn him down comfortably (see video for positioning). In fact he is much easier than the key keeper. I usually put my tank in 100-150 arcane resist but I am not sure if that really is necessary. One thing I have noticed (altough that may just have been bad luck) is that at roughly 5% the does some big swings toward my tank (6k twice last time I checked). That can be avoided by just chain healing towars the end.

A video of the fights vs. the first two badges is posted on YouTube (if you are not from Germany turn of the sound):

o.m.a. vs. Heroic Mechanar (part 1)

The second keyguy is tougher. The casters need a decent amount of health points and the healer needs to be equiped to group heal everybody without pulling aggro from the tank. I am not sure how I whould do this encounter if my healer wasn't a priest but a character without group heal.

Anyways, I can kill the second keykeeper but usually not without casualties. I have also tried trash on the second level but found that it hits much harder than on the first level. I hope to be able to attempt my first heroic Pathaleon the Calculator tries in the next few days. I really want the Suneater for my tank!

Have a nice day,
Bucco

No comments: